We sat down to talk about how he saw the business opportunity around custom engineering that put him on the path to launching Dialexa - a technology services firm that specializes in designing and building custom products and platforms. As well as two subsequent companies disrupting their respective sectors - Vinli and Robin - as part of Dialexa Labs, Dialexa's internal innovation and development engine that continues to cultivate business ideas and establish new companies.
Scott is a serial entrepreneur who has launched multiple technology product companies over the past decade, is the winner of the Ernst & Young Emerging Technology Entrepreneurs Of The Year® 2016 Southwest Award, and has steered Dialexa - as its CEO - through the ups and downs of moving from a startup to a growing brand whilst achieving year-on-year growth and with the team being recognized two years in a row by Entrepreneur.com as one of the top entrepreneurial companies in America.
We discussed everything from:
- How Scott got into the product development space
- How Dialexa co-founders Scott and Mark met
- The importance of selecting the right MVP
- The opportunity for custom development
- Planning for hardware from the beginning
- Dialexa Labs - Dialexa's internal incubator
- There's no such thing as good or bad advice, just advice
- Taking the right approach to networking
You can catch the full episode here:
And, if you prefer to listen on the go, you can catch all episodes of Custom Made on these platforms and many more. Do subscribe on your favorite platform to catch each episode as it is released, and let me know any feedback, questions, and recommendations on twitter @dougplatts.
I hope you enjoy this episode!
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter HERE