If you liked this article, listen to Dialexa’s Head of Technology Strategy, Russell Villemez, on Custom Made, where he is discussing how enterprise data architecture is necessary to avoid disruption:Listen to all episodes of Custom Made for insights and perspectives from industry disruptors and technology leaders.
In the just released Vendor Landscape of digital agencies, consultancies, and technology implementers, Forrester analyzed and built a knowledge base of 57 of the biggest and most important digital experience service providers to help digital business leaders make the best choice.
Vendor Landscape reports orient technology buyers to the business benefits, key capabilities, and provider offerings within a specific category of technology or services.
Defining a Digital Experience (DX) Service Provider
Forrester states that DX service providers are critical to successfully delivering digital customer experiences.
To give your customers what they expect, you must build digital experiences that are connected across steps in their journeys, personalized to their immediate needs, and familiar on every device they use. That's hard to do. So it's no surprise that more than 90% of digital experience decision makers choose to work with service providers that help them design, build, and manage digital experiences and transform the supporting technology architecture and operations. That demand has led hundreds of digital agencies and consultancies with roots in marketing, technology, and business services to invest in digital experience services (see Figure 1). Forrester defines these digital experience service providers as partners that can:
Help companies design, build, and manage digital customer experiences in the context of their digital business transformation.
Figure 1: Service Providers With Diverse Roots Are Competing For Your Digital Experience Dollars
The Key Takeaways from the report are:
- DX service providers offer five kinds of services: customer experience strategy, experience design, technology, data and analytics, and global program management.
- To choose from the 100s of potential DX service providers, take a “deep dive” into their capabilities. Looking at their industry knowledge, capability mix, and cultural fit to create the best shortlist.
- Manage your partner risk through a co-creation process. Bring in all stakeholders, make site visits, and collaborate as a single team from day one.
Core Capabilities of Full Service DX Service Providers
The best DX service providers have strong capabilities in five areas:
- Understanding your users and their journey by balancing human-centered design and business outcomes.
- Bringing the research to life through conceptual prototyping and UI/product design.
- Surfacing customer insights both over time and in real-time.
- Fusing together the digital, physical, virtual and human realms.
- Delivering structure around engagements, at scale, with clear lines of communication.
Selecting the Right DX Service Provider
While global giants may be right for some customers, others will benefit from the personal service of a smaller, more agile firm like Dialexa. If you are looking to digitally transform your organization and customer experience, contact us to see how the Dialexa team can partner with you to minimize risk and ensure success.